Oops...
We got so excited in the last entry, that we forgot to mention, EID MUBARAK! It was great seeing many of you this weekend... and for those we didn't see, we hope you had a great Eid.
Believe it or not, this was the first Eid that I didn't have to "look for my mom" in the women's section. Alhumdulillah, my mom found me. (At this point, Hashmat gets the eye from Hana.)
Some observations:
1. The imam dissed the US only indirectly which was a change from outright damnation.
2. Since Eid was on Juma, some people actually prayed after Ramadan!
3. At our open house, people found the wierdest places to leave their not always empty cups and plates. (To the auntie or uncle who left their tea in the display unit.. really... what were you thinking?) I mean come on...
4. My in laws decided that in order for their daughter to have sole possession on me, they decided to buy me the tightest a** pants to my shalwar kameez. The scary thing is, I actually felt quite comfortable in them. (Hana: Yeah, he wouldn't take off those churidars after all the guests had left!!) (Hash: well I couldn't because I ate too much)
5. Hash: For the first time I was on the other side. I.E. married. I always wondered what Eid's would be like after I got married. I mean, at least before there was the challenge of perhaps your mom or sister running into Ms. right. (Or perhaps you running into her on the way to making wudu, or the passing opportunity to catch her number while buying biriyani off her from the eid bazaar). But alas, Eid married is the best. Because you can go right up to the chick you've been checkin, say what up, and actually leave with her! All without getting slapped!
Ok, I could possibly go on...but I'll save the best for R.I.S. (what has now become Toronto's third Eid).
Hash's honourable mentions:
5. Farhan. Thanks man. Because of you, whatever food I didn't have throughout the month of Ramadan, it was only with your guidance, and support, that I was able to make up ALL of it on Eid. If it wasn't for your constant "Hash, let's getsome more food", I wouldn't have gotten up 10 times to get food throughout the day. Thanks for taking one for the team.
4. Aarif. Wears a suit to my house. Got to give props to that.
3. Omair. I heard about your blog, and then I wanted one of my own.
2. Fahad. High school MSA mack daddy of dem all. I've heard all the stories about the hijabis chasing after you in school. Isn't that why you joined the track team afterall?
1. Without doubt the honourable mention of this blog goes to Kamran. Bro, next year I'm gonna custom make my Ramadan too!
Aight, that's all folks. For those who weren't mentioned there are a few reasons for this. 1) You're not interesting 2) I didn't get the opportunity to 3) I don't want to offend you 4) you can't take a joke and will run to your mommies and cry 5) I don't know you
Eid Mubarak.

1 Comments:
Sup Boys and Girls,
There are some interesting comments on this blog. Sorry for not responding earlier but y'all know how it is with school/work/life in general. Anyways, nuff respect for making me #1. Don't forget Eid was custom made for me too!!! Maybe I should start a blog or a website on " How to Solve Ramadan and Eid Disputes"
HMMMMMM....
Post a Comment
<< Home