Sunday, April 30, 2006

Restaurant Review: The Host, Richmond Hill

Yesterday Hash took me to The Host. Their flagship restaurant is in downtown Toronto, and they have a branch in Mississauga too. I had never been to the Host before. I must admit, it is one of the classiest restaurants I've ever been too. Indian fine dining at its best. The food was outstanding, the service was great... and what blew me away was the ambience and the decor. Everything was so tastefully decorated... they had rows upon rows of glass bangles hanging from the ceiling.

We ordered daal makhni, butter chicken, and naan. The naan was one of the best naans I've ever had. The daal makhni was good too. I wasn't too impressed with the butter chicken because the chicken was grilled rather than sauted before it was added to the butter sauce, which made it taste more like tikka masala chicken as opposed to butter chicken. I know I'm overanalyzing the butter chicken, but since I'm a butter chicken fan, I know my butter chicken!

If anyone is looking for an uppity Indian restaurant, try The Host. I can't say how nice the other locations are, but the Richmond Hill location blew me away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hana, ur like a chef extraordinaire or something.. the fact u can tell the difference between a saute and grilled piece of chicken... you know who has good butter chicken? 5 Star Havelly.. that name is so hilarious.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Hash & Hana said...

Hash knows his foods.. so I've become a little more sensitive to the naunces of cooking. There was a time when I couldn't tell the difference between chicken and veal! Hahaha!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hana - how times have changed, this from a girl who would eat anything and not know the difference! FYI, The Host in Mississauga can be unpredictable in terms of quality of food.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home