Monday, October 06, 2008

Eid Mubarak!

Eid Mubarak everyone!

This year Eid was on Wednesday for us. Alhumdulillah it went well. My inlaws hosted their annual Eid open house which was a success as always, Mashallah. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work went into the planning and cleanup! I miss Ramadan already. It was a bit depressing to see Ramadan come to an end.

We watched 88 Minutes over the weekend. It was alright. Actually, I wouldn't know, since I fell asleep about 10 minutes into it.

We also went to two birthday parties this weekend. We're at that stage where we actually enjoy parties for kids because Noor loves them. And the best part is, we get to eat all the candy in the loot bag.... lol. I've also realized that Noor has become a bit of a whiner. When another kid hits her or pushes her, she comes back to us and tells us the whole story, complete with expressions and gestures. It's really quite amusing. I think another kid would just start crying... not my daughter, she's just a tattle-tale. Hash told her to just beat up the kid who beat her... I don't know if that's good parenting!

I'm debating whether I should take Noor trick or treating this year. I know it's haram and all, but the costumes are soooo adorable. And plus, guess who's going to get all the candy at the end of the evening... her parents, of course! I have this debate every year, and I never take her, but still, debating my husband is just entertaining. (I hope you're reading this, Hash.)

Alright, better get back to work.

Oh, and if anyone wants to know what law firm life is like, you can read this hilarious blog:
http://anonymouslawyer.blogspot.com. People for many years thought this author was a real partner at a famous American law firm. Turns out he was a Harvard law student. He got so famous that he eventually revealed his true identity and wrote a book. I don't think he'll ever practice law. But his blog was absolutely hilarious... largely because most of it is true!

Oh, by the way, for anyone who is following the U.S. elections... what is up with Sarah Palin? Her interviews are hilarious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home