Hands in my pocket.. hands in my pocket
Hands in my pocket, hands in my pocket...
That's one of the catchiest jingle on TV! I think the head of marketing for Capital One should be promoted to CEO for his brilliance.
But I see your true colors
Shining through
......
True colors are beautiful
Like a rainbow
Dove's "Campaign For Real Beauty" is one of the classiest commercials of all time. It portrays girls with freckles, braces, etc. -- ie. girls with low self-esteem -- as beautiful in their own right. I think it's such a cute commercial. And I give them props for spending $2.5 million for a commercial spot during Super Bowl, knowing full well that it was the only serious commercial that aired that day, and that the meaning of its ad was probably lost on the beer-drinking jocks that watch the Super Bowl.

2 Comments:
Oh my god, that "Hands in my pocket" song is always stuck in my head!! I love it! And I do like the Dove commercials too. They don't use the same old models for their ads, but have opted for women of all shapes and sizes and it's so refreshing to see. Whether the company really believes in the concept of "real beauty", we don't know - they could be just using it as a marketing ploy, but at least it's sending a good message.
Oh it's totally a marketing ploy! But a good one. It's similar to the ones that many corporations will use in their "community outreach" or "humanitarian projects". But I do agree, it is refreshing to see a different angle on the whole concept of "true beauty".
Post a Comment
<< Home