Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Movie Review: Crash

We watched the movie Crash last night. We'd been looking forward to watching this critically acclaimed movie ever since we purchased it a few weeks ago.

Hash loved it.. he thought it was a good movie. I had mixed reviews. The movie had a great cast, but I found that there wasn't much character development in the movie - each character played out their stereotypical role, and that was it. That's the problem with having a huge cast, you can't pay attention to each individual character.... in this case, less would have been more. Also, I like movies with subtle messages, not the in-your-face-made-for-classroom movies. All in all, I enjoyed the naturalistic photography, but I thought the characters appeared shallow. It was almost as if I was watching a movie in school titled "Say No To Racism."

Bottom line: Great topic... poor approach to the topic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home