The Da Vinci Code
Hash and I watched The DaVinci Code on May 19 (opening night). We went to the theatre at 9:00 pm for a 10:30 pm show... and believe it or not, the theatre was packed by 9:30! It was a zoo!
All in all, we enjoyed the movie. Obviously the movie couldn't capture all the historical facts and interesting symbolism that the book elaborates on (ie. the movie spent 20 seconds explaining the sacred feminine when the book discusses it for 20 pages!) However, we loved the book, so we enjoyed the movie. I don't think the movie is oscar-worthy, but for those who have read the book and want to see all the sights discussed in the book, check out the movie.
I know this post will lead to "oh my God you're so blasphemous for watching that movie" comments, but Hash and I watched it for purely entertainment purposes, not for a lesson in history/religion.

3 Comments:
Couldn't agree with you more Hana. I think people who make those sorts of comments really need to look at the big picture. The book and movie were pure fiction. All theory-based notions by the writer. We watched it last weekend (thought I was 3 chapters into the book and really wanted to finish it before watching the movie) and I did like it. Despite all the controversy, it's a good story and well made.
http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=IC0605-3001
http://www.islamicity.com/articles/Articles.asp?ref=IC0605-3001
Post a Comment
<< Home