Travel ideas?
Hash and I are planning a vacation this summer. We're not sure where we should go or what we should do. Cruise? Europe? Canada? Any ideas anyone? Better yet, any last minute deals sites you swear by? We've checked out itravel2000.com which seems pretty good for cruises.
This summer, I want to take Hash camping. Hash is a little bit of a prince when it comes to camping... his ideal camping trip would be spending the day BBQ'ing and stuff, and then sleeping in an air-conditioned cabin at night. I've been camping with my family. However, I can't stand "roughing it" for more than one night. After that, you just want to sleep on your bed, not a nasty, sand-covered sleeping bag. And by then you're sick of smelling like lake water mixed with sweat, yet you don't want to shower in the spider-infested shower stalls. Oops, guess I'm a princess too.
The last time I went camping was in the summer of 2004. At night, we left a small flashlight on. Otherwise, you couldn't even see your hands in front of you - it's that pitch black! Anyway, two racoons came to our campsite and tried going through our food. In the light of the flashlight, they cast shadows that made them look like huge grizzly bears! I was the first to be awoken by the sound of the rustling. And when I saw two huge shadows of what appeared to be grizzly bears, I was terrified. I didn't know if I should scream - what if they attacked me?! - or if I should play dead. But I remembered reading newspaper stories about how people had been recently attacked by bears, so I decided that I should wake everyone up. Everyone's tent was far away, so I called their cell phones (I know, aren't I smart?) My dad's annoying Ode to Joy ringtone was enought to wake up everyone in all the different tents. By now, everyone was panicking because our flashlight had been knocked over by the racoons and I was telling everyone that I had seen grizzly bears circling our tents. A few tense moments passed. We couldn't hear anything. We figured we had scared away the animals with all the commotion. Eventually my dad went and retrieved the flashlight and turned it on. Turns out there were two teeny tiny racoons after all... because we saw them scurrying away with bits of food from our trash. Yes, needless to say, my "bear episode" was the butt of everyone's jokes for a few weeks.
Hmmm... now that I think about it... I don't know if I want to go camping... I get scared easily.

2 Comments:
If you're thinking of going camping you should come out w/ us - otherwise I don't know if you would survive the night out in the woods alone! Go out west for a vacation - its beautiful this time of the year.
Hahaha... that's something I would do. But raccoons are pretty scary too, and they might have rabies.. so it's good that you woke up your family and the rest of the campers in the neighbouring camps. You saved them from rabies.. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home