Back to school!
Okay, so I've had four days of classes thus far, yet I feel like I've been in school for 4 weeks! Anyway, it's nice going back to school... you get to see people you haven't seen in a few months. This year looks like it's going to be hard - it's my final year and I left all the tough courses until the end. Great planning...
This was the first time in years that I actually did some "back to school shopping." Actually, I needed clothes that fit, so Hash and I spent a few hours at the mall buying stuff. But remember the time when back to school shopping was a must-do? Buying pens, paper, binders, a new backpack, etc. Now I just rummage through my desk until I find everything I need and just kinda show up on the first day.
The good news is that I drive to school now. Traffic is horrible, but I like driving. You'd think that having a car would give me no excuses for being late - but I was half an hour late for each class this week! I better shape up next week.
You may have heard this before, but this semester, I've promised myself that I'm going to be on top of things. Which means - no skipping classes and relying on my amazing friend M (I hope you're reading this and won't mind me borrowing the first 30 mins of admin notes!), being caught up on readings by the end of the week, and no squandering time with Hash at the mall/watching movies/etc. Thus far, I've been pretty good... I'm actually up to date for the first week. Okay fine, it wasn't that much, but still.

1 Comments:
Having to move and go back to school meant I got to relive the old tradition of back-to-school shopping! It was fun, in a sad and nerdy way, I got to pick cool pens and hilighters, all sorts of supplies, paper etc. I didnt realize how expensive this stuff had gotten though!
The school/profs here are tough - mainly because they all use the Socratic method of teaching - so I'm hoping I'm never late, though it'd be nice to sleep in!
Post a Comment
<< Home