My biggest conversation piece: The Italian flag
Comments I encountered at work today regarding the Italian flag:
- "Stop rubbing it in my face that Italy won!"
- "The number of Italians in Toronto has quadrupled somehow since Italy won the world cup" -> I think this person thinks I'm Italian... uh oh Hash was right
- "What was wrong with Zidane?"
- "Go Azzzzuurreeeee"

3 Comments:
Some people think that Zidane was provoked. The Italian guy made a derogatory comment about his Muslim roots. So yah. It's bad what he did, but the other guy deserved it. At any rate, Zizu got the most valuable player award, so his career still ended on a high. EEEETTTTAAAAAAALIAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Apparently Zidane made his official "apology" today - he didn't apologize for the act but for the effect it's had. He said the other guy made comments about his mother/sister a number of times and at the end he couldn't take it anymore.
Throughout the entire World Cup I must have watched about 10 minutes total, but sure I'll jump the bandwagon and say I'm for Italy :D
Here's a link to that story. To me it was the most interesting part of the whole thing.
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1152741016842&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home
Post a Comment
<< Home