Our late night adventure
Okay, as much as I hate saying this, I actually like Wal-Mart. It's open until 10:00, well now 11:00, so it's perfect as a last stop for our nightly walks. And you can get EVERYTHING - from shampoo to the Da Vinci Code movie, everything is available under one roof.
Last night, we hit Wal-Mart at 10:30 pm, after an evening out. We weren't really looking for anything - maybe just junk food. Anyway, an alarm went off. And it wouldn't stop. Everyone went about their business, ignoring the alarm. Hash and I decided to do the same. Then we heard a garbled message on the PA, followed by a loud scream. The message went something like "all patrons and employees leave... now."
I got terrified. I thought there was a robbery in progress. My first instinct was - get this - to hide. Stupid idea. Then we tried finding an exit at the back of the store. All this happened while alarms were going off all over the store. Then employees started going through the aisles, yelling at everyone to leave. We slowly creeped up to the entrance to see what was going on, and all we saw was smoke and the sprinklers going off. No robbery, I thought. That's when Hash and I made a record-breaking sprint towards the doors, out the doors, and into the parking lot, straight to our car. We didn't even turn back to look. It was pretty scary.
Hash said something very profound when we were in the car. He said it was funny how at the sight of the smallest fire, everyone was screaming and running for their lives. But no one stops to think about the Hellfire, and how we're not doing enough in this world to protect ourselves from it. It really got me thinking.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home