Busssyyyyy
Wow, time just flies with an infant, Alhumdulillah. Feed. Burp. Change diaper. Repeat 14 times a day. Infants should come with those instructions!
I finally caught up on all the stuff I didn't finish this past semester. It feels weird not to be going back to school this semester. It feels weird that I won't be graduating with my class. Law school is such a tight knit community... I'll miss my colleagues and friends next year when I go back, InshAllah.
Hash and I have resorted to watching Indian movies these days. There seems to be no good movies at Blockbuster any more! We watched Salam Namaste the other day. Holy. What is happening to Indian movies? A guy and girl start living together and the girl gets pregnant?! And then we watched Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna. Again, we were shocked. (Hashmat more than me because I think what he remembers Bollywood as is when Amitabh Bachan was popular back in the '60s.) The movie is about two people who have an affair and eventually end up leaving their spouses. Man, what happened to the nice family-oriented, feel good Indian movies?
I'm interested in watching the English movie, Partition which is coming out this Friday. I'm always interested in reading up on colonial India and the Partition period, when India and Pakistan were formed.
We caught Little Mosque on the Praire tonight. It's turning out to be a pretty funny show. It's funny because everything on the show is so true. I wonder if people from other backgrounds get the humour. I think the imam overacts a bit, but other than that, it's quite entertaining.

3 Comments:
Check out Vivah, that's a nice wholesome Indian movie. Fanaa and Salaam Namaste were all sorts of shocking!
Oh and Partition, great movie!
I miss the old Bollywood days too. Where you didn't really sit there with the remote in your hand to skip part the many scenes you were to embarassed to watch with the family lol. If you're looking for more comedy movies try Phir Here Pheri (sequel to Hera Pheri), Chup Chup Ke and Bhagam Bhag. The first two are slightly older, but still hilarious. The story to Partition is exactly like the movie Gadar which came out a few years ago...that's from what I saw of the trailer, but let us know how it is!
I still can't get over the fact that you're a mom! If you get a chance email some pictures of the baby please!
Post a Comment
<< Home