G.A.S.
Gas.
A three letter word that can wreak havoc in the life of a two-month-old baby.
That's what has kept us so busy for the past few weeks. Noor had colic, which, Allhumdlillah, it seems she is growing out of. She cried for hours, for no apparent reason. We tried everything. We rocked her for hours. We massaged her. We put her in the car and drove around with her. We tried distracting her with music. We gave her every possible medicine that claimed to solve colic. We showed her to two pediatricians. But nothing helped. I thought I'd go crazy, walking around day and night with a baby who wouldn't settle down.
Allhumdullilah, as predicted, as she got older, she settled down somewhat. But for now, cheese and cauliflower, and any other gas-producing food, is pretty much haraam for me. Unless I want another sleepless night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home