Monday, November 21, 2005

Being the wife's friend's husband

Among the many things that we have to go through when we get married, is the inevitable invitation from the "other"'s friends. And well, this weekend we were invited to one of Hana's friends wedding. Now I'm all for that. I want her to keep her friends. Marriage doesn't mean that one should completely turn over a new leaf, and start afresh. So I actually encourage her to maintain her friendships, sometimes more than she wants to herself!
But alas, yesterday I found myself in quite the interesting position. Now, I have no qualms about going to a place of Hana's choice. However, the particular wedding we were invited to was segregated! And while I respect the choices people make with respect to partition or not, I was left in a situation where I would be going to a place, where the only person I knew was on the other side of the wall! I was thinking to myself...this is going to be a long two hours!! But it was something I had to "take for the team". Alhumdulillah, in the parking lot I ran into someone from back in the day, and so immediately I had someone to pass the time with. And inside there were some familiar faces. But man, thinking about it now, how would that have been, to sit by myself in the corner of a wedding, knowing absolutely no one! The things I would do for my wife! Don't ever let Hana say I don't do anything for her!!

By the way congratulations to Hana's friend Sahar and Ahmer. May Allah continue to shower His Blessings on you. MashAllah the walima was nice, and everyone looked like they had a great time. I actually went up to Ahmer and said salaams and congratulated him. Unfortunately I think he thought I was some dumb paki who was crashing his party for free butter chicken, 'cause he had that "who the "f" are you? look on his face. I swear bro, I'm your wife's friend's husband. But ya, the butter chicken was good too!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm...Butter Chicken is awesome!

7:19 PM  
Blogger TBD said...

what a small world.

a pity all of ahmer's friends were posing for the camera when the stage broke...

10:44 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

hahaha... that was pretty rude of my bro to do... next time, just make fun of his mehndi beard!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home