Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Winter holiday planning

Since I'm a little sleep deprived these days (not because of studying, because of our daily LOTR viewing), I decided to get some coffee this morning, and man, AM I HYPER! (Aside: I can't believe I missed out on LOTR while it was playing in theatres... to my friends who were into LOTR, why did you let that happen?!!)

In exactly one week, I'll be done my last exam for this semester. We have a million things planned for that time - but knowing me, I probably won't get through even 20% of my list! But we're definitely going to be attending the Reviving the Islamic Spirit conference, InshAllah. For the first time in god knows how many years, I'll actually be attending the lectures, and not helping out with the Children's Program. I'll be honest, when I did get time off during volunteering, I spent it at the bazaar, but I have a feeling that Hash is going to quiz me on the lectures this time.

Who else is planning to go to RIS?

6 Comments:

Blogger RandomLiterati said...

I think I'm doing registration for the children's program...not that I don't want to (okay, I don't) but there are so many amazing speakers coming this year that I really want to attend the lectures. Imam Suhaib Webb rocks!

1:28 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

Same here. I volunteered last year, but didn't get to attend any of the lectures I wanted to go to. Good luck with the Children's Program Shaz!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Hash & Hana said...

Please someone convince Hana to attend some lectures this year! Last year I got her to go to the Dr. Farooq talk. Mind you the topic was not the most interesting one, but she got up in less than 5 minutes!!!!

On another RIS note...pending border crossing...if Tariq Ramadan actually gets to the conference, make sure you attend his lectures. He's one of the smartest people I've ever had the priviledge of listening to in my life.

Hash

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought my tickets last night. Don't worry, Hash. I plan on attending the lectures and DRAGGING Hana with me!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Hash & Hana said...

Mahvish - what happened to all our shopping plans?! The way I see it.. Hash can attend the lectures and guard my shopping bags.. and I can go shopping/socializing in the meantime. *Sigh* Things might not go according to plan after all ;)

Hana

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hana, you should know me better by now. I never said anything about no shopping - that's a given!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home