MADNESS
I just wanted to mention a few words on the atrocious events that occurred in our city yesterday. I am quite frankly speechless, but I thought that perhaps getting out a few words may help to assuage some of my disgust.
What kind of animals would run loose on a city street filled with innocent people and open gunfire? What terror must have gone through those fleeing from the scene, wondering whether they were in Toronto or in Baghdad? Perhaps this may awaken some people to the daily misfortunes and devastation that Iraqis go through everyday. Who knows, but regardless, those people didn't need to go through it.
What can we do about this? What is the solution? The politicians immediately took the the stand and gave empty promises, in their perfected rhetoric. Youth activists took the the streets and decried political hypocrisy, and the need for the elimination of social exclusion, as perhaps that is the root of all this gun violence. Who knows?
I don't have a coherent argument or any particular stance with respect to this issue at this time. I simply have an emotional response to it, which I'm sure is similar to most of you reading this blog. What do you have to say about this?

2 Comments:
what are you talking about? What happened?
Apparently ive been living under a rock for the past weekend.
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah,
This is what happens when you totally isolate religion from the school system in combination with parents relying on the school system for socialization...the perfect secular system... :P
These kids are raised without morals, values or accountability to anyone, combine that with guns and what do you think theyre going to do, they no nothing but gang rivalry and when they die, its over.
Post a Comment
<< Home