Sunday, October 22, 2006

EID MUBARAK!

Eid Mubarak!

It's funny that Eid ul Fitr marks the anniversary of this blog. I remember the first post was about our annual Eid open house. Hash complained about how people had left plates of biryani and cups of tea in our display unit! And how he had to wear churidars. (Oops, some things never change because my parents got him churidars this year too!)

I'm excited about this Eid - like every year. It's nice to see people you haven't seen in a while, get presents, wear new clothes, etc. Most importantly, it marks the end of a beautiful, albeit hectic, month. InshAllah we will be celebrating Eid on either Monday Oct. 23 or Tuesday Oct. 24 (depending on the Hilal Commitee), so drop by for our annual open house. (Just don't leave any plates of biryani in our display cabinet!)

May Allah SWT accept our fasts and prayers, and may Allah SWT continue to shower His mercy upon us. Ameen.

1 Comments:

Blogger AKA said...

Eid Mubarak!

I'm glad to see pretty much everyone was able to celebrate together this year! UNITY! A simple term but so hard to achieve.

I hope your Eid was great - mine was spent in lectures and the library lol. Inshallah next Eid I'll be home!!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home