It's been a long time...
Salaams all.
It's been a very long time since I last posted. A lot has happened since. Most notably the birth of our beloved daughter, Noor. MashAllah she is beautiful, and honestly has changed our lives for the better, albeit more tiring.
Two quick points for this posting: 1 serious, 1 joke
1. Everyone should read, or be reading the seerah. SubhanAllah, the example that we have in our Messenger (s.a.) is incomparable. We've grown up in a "blockbuster" kind of a world, where "heroes" such as Braveheart, Gladiator, etc. come to mind when we hear the word hero. However, the truest, and most formidable "hero" of all time was the Prophet (s.a). If you want to experience a real epic read his seerah. For the English reading crowd there are two which I highly recommend. The classical work is Martin Lings' seerah. However, the book I am reading now, by Tariq Ramadan "In the Footsteps of the Prophet" is also an excellent read. It's good for those who already know the details of the stories and events of the Prophet's life (s.a), but would like a quick refresher.
2. I am NOT a FOB. Here's the real story...Hana and I went to Blockbuster 4 times in a row, but were not in the least bit interested in anything they had to offer, and so Hana suggested we watch an Indian movie that we had lying around the house. So we had "Salaam Namaste". So we threw it on as a joke. Believe it or not, I was actually quite impressed, and found it entertaining. And so we went on from that to another to another, to the point I actually can say, without breaking into tearful laughter, that I enjoy Bollywood films. But that does NOT make me a FOB!
(Not that there's anything wrong with that! ;) )

1 Comments:
That's what we ALL say!! But indian movies are finally drifting away from the typical romance movie line and becoming more complex. I also liked Salaam Namaste. It was kinda funny when my parents first brought it home, my Mom was like "you're not watching it!" and I can see why she would think that.. but it was nonetheless an interesting movie.
I watched Nishabd with Amitabh Bachchan. I didn't like it too much. I didn't find it to be realistic and that girl was totally overacting. But it was kinda intriguing, I guess.
Post a Comment
<< Home