Saturday, August 04, 2007

Shopping.... and a movie!

Tired of studying (I have one make-up exam left, the exam that I missed the day Noor was born), Hash and I decided to hit Vaughan Mills last night. After dinner and getting little Noorie ready, it was already 7:30 by the time we left our house. We got to Vaughan Mills at 8:00, and boy, did we shop! We had time to hit two stores, Tommy Hilfiger and Mexx. Towards the end, the people at Tommy came up to us and said, "Ummm... the store is closed." Hahaha. Anyway, there are some pretty good sales out there.

Then we tried to go to Restoran Malaysia, perhaps one of the best Malaysian halal restaurants in town. Unfortunately, Noor started screaming in the car, so we headed home. (Yes, we had already eaten dinner anyway, but all the shopping made us hungry again!) We hit the Indian movie store on our way home (Hash is still not over his Indian movie phase).

We picked up Guru. It was actually a pretty good movie. It is the story of a poor villager who starts his own business and becomes a millionaire. The songs were beautiful, as was the location, etc. Indian movies are getting better and better. Best of all, part of the movie was shot in Turkey, where we went for our honeymoon. It brought back so many memories. InshAllah we plan to return to Turkey in the near future. It's a beautiful place.

2 Comments:

Blogger AKA said...

I have so many Bollywood movies to catch up when I'm home! Guru is definitely on the list.

I really want to see Noor when I'm home, mash'Allah she's 7 months old now. Congratulations to you and Hash on your anniversary!! May Allah continue to bless your family with good health, happiness and love - ameen!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't mention me in this blog..who was the one who was babysitting the patoor while you two shopped like crazy?! lol jk :)

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home