Monday, March 26, 2007

Al-Maghrib Institute

I've been hearing a lot about the Al-Maghrib Institute. Would anyone like to enlighten me on this? What's it all about? Your views, opinions?


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asalamu Alaikum,
Disclaimer:I'm not an expert on them, just went to several courses.
Pretty much it's an institute of Islamic education. They hold courses approxiamtely every 4 months over two weekends. thic ourse has an exam and sometimes assignemnts. If you get a passing grade you get a credit towards al-maghrib institute.
Whether or not you're in it for the al-maghrib degree, the courses are AMAZING! The professors are intellectual, eloquent and sometimes entertaining too! I've had many eye-watering, moving experiences. check it out: www.al-maghrib.org

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are nothing special... Just overhyped Islamic programs. If you are missing the knowledge then definitely go and attend...but anything overhyped loses its appeal.

Too much brainwashing at the event...if u been there...u know what i mean!

But if you got nothing better to do, don't have Islamic knowledge...then go and attend.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I think this post was started to get some activity going on this blog since we all know how much talk the 'Zaytuna/Ihya vs. AlMaghrib debate' gets.

In any case, I'd really like to know what this so called 'brainwashing' is all about. Care to clarify?

AlMaghrib is the next best thing to hit North America and something much needed for the Muslims in our commmunity. Some orgs/people are just envious at the success and popularity they are getting.

Alhumdulilah I've experienced AlMaghrib seminars and I have nothing but good to say about the organization, the Shayukh and the students.

May Allah swt grant it with even more success. Ameen.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually. I take this statement from my previous post back:

"Honestly, I think this post was started to get some activity going on this blog since we all know how much talk the 'Zaytuna/Ihya vs. AlMaghrib debate' gets."

I realize this may be judgemental regardless of whether its true or not. Please forgive me.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home