Monday, December 26, 2005

I'm still here!

I figured I should post something before people forgot me, since Hash seems to have taken over! I think I should explain why I don't post as much. When I'm in school, I use my laptop ALL the time... to the point where I can't stand looking at the computer when I don't have to.

Even though I've been off from school for a week, I've been busier than ever. Between shopping, catching up with friends, and attending RIS, I must admit, I'm exhausted.

Speaking of RIS, I had a great time as always. I saw many people I hadn't seen in a few weeks/months, did a ton of shopping... oh yeah, and the lectures were good too. (Yeah, Hash convinced me to go.) I really enjoyed the "Me, Myself and I" lecture by Shaykh Riyad Ul-Haq. The highlight of the weekend was the concert. The Pakistani nasheed artist performed very well, considering he had no instruments and his backup singers consisted of rugrats pumping their fists and jumping up and down yelling "ho, ho, ho". Sami Yusef, I must admit, doesn't have much of a stage presence, but he has an amazing voice MashAllah. He performed our favorite, "Al-Mualim."

By the way, we were very amused when people came up to us and admitted to reading our blog. Now we know why we get so many hits.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're getting "soo many hits" because you constantly keep on visiting you own blog.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Hash & Hana said...

Actually "anonymous" we only check this thing once,maybe twice a day. But thanks for your two cents anyways. I'll give you back your change for that insightful comment at a later date.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh hmm,no prob. Keep the change.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey gunner, I couldnt get Sami Yusef to autograph my hijab... maybe next year :)

-Hana

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home