Lord of the Rings Musical
It was Hash's birthday yesterday, and I took him to see the Lord of the Rings musical at the Princess of Wales theatre. It was, in one word, spectacular! Hash and I were blown away by the performances, special effects, music, costume, stage... we were blown away by just about everything. It was so interesting to see how they adapted the book into a theatrical production. I wasn't expecting much, because I didn't know whether they'd be able to show all the action on stage... but they did all the fight scenes and the epic scenes very well.
A word of caution though. In order to understand the plot, you must have read the books or seen the movies, otherwise you'll be a little lost.
If you have the chance to go, go for sure. Tickets right now are not that expensive, because they're still ironing out the details of the show. (I heard when it first opened it was 5 hours long... now they've streamlined it to 3 hours.)
This is a great show to catch for those who've never been to a live theatre. Believe me, you won't be disappointed. After watching the show, Hash and I regretted missing The Lion King when it came to Toronto. Maybe we'll catch it in New York some time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home